VILLA MELZI D'ERIL (BELLAGIO)

Back fr
Via Melzi 5
Bellagio

timetable
End of March – October: every day 9:30 a-m- -06:30 p.m.

price
Full 6,5 €, groups 5 €

more
>

Villa Melzi d'Eril, located on the promenade that goes from Bellagio to Como, was built between 1808 and 1810 by will of Francesco Melzi d'Eril, Duke of Lodi and Vice President of the Italian Republic with Napoleon. The task was entrusted to neoclassical architect Giocondo Albertolli.

The villa is today still inhabited: its gardens, embellished with ancient artifacts, such as a Etruscan urn dating back to third century BC and two Egyptian sculptures dating back to the thirteenth and fourteenth century BC, the small museum inside and the Chapel are the only parts of the complex open to the public.


Close routes